Transition Information Events
The Parent Carer Forums, Dorset Parent Carer Council & Parent Carers Together (the forum for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole) in partnership with Disability Rights UK and Ansbury Guidance are offering workshops at 4 venues across Dorset to help your understanding of transition to adulthood.
Places are available to members of DPCC or PCT. Spaces are limited to only 25 people per session and primarily aimed at parent carers of young people in year 9 and above (age 13/14 – 25).
The events will cover a range of topics and by the end of the day you will have:
- Greater understanding of post- 16 education, training and work options
- More knowledge about EHC plans
- Greater knowledge about careers information, advice and guidance
- More knowledge of the support that is available in education, training and employment
- Increased knowledge of relevant resources
- Greater understanding of the Gatsby Benchmarks
For more details and information about how to book a place please use the links below.
With a limited number of places available we ask that when you book you agree to letting us know if you change your mind or are unable to attend, this will give us time to reallocate the place.
Thursday 3rd October – Durweston Village Hall, Blandford Forum
Friday 4th October – “The Bridge”, Littledown, Bournemouth
Monday 7th October – United Church, Dorchester
Friday 11th October – Barrington Centre, Ferndown