Please click here for all coronavirus letters and updates.
Mental Health & Wellbeing for parents/carers and their families
- Dorset Council – Resources for Mental Health & Wellbeing– a list of useful links to help parents, children and young people of all ages.
- NHS Every Mind Matters – practical tips and expert advice to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing.
- Managing our Mental Health & Staying Well during a Virus Outbreak – by Mind.org.hk
- The Curly Hair Project – 10 ways to stay productive at home
- Calm – take a deep breath – meditation to help those struggling with anxiety and stress at this time. Offering ‘soothing meditations’, a ‘calm masterclass’, ‘calm kids’ and mindfulness resources.
Mencap easy read guides to help you stay safe and well
Mencap have produced a number of easy read guides including:
- What should I do if I have Coronavirus? (last updated in June 2022)
- Face coverings
- Keeping clean and handwashing
Useful links about the Coronavirus
- Carers UK – guidance for carers
- Emerging Minds – supporting children and young people with worries about COVID-19
- Krisepsykologi – what can we say to children about Coronavirus
- Place2Be – guide to helping parents answer questions from their children about the Coronavirus and to support family wellbeing
- Young Minds – talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing
Keeping your child safe online
Below are some useful links with advice and support to help you keep your child safe online:
- Gov.uk – Government advice
- Thinkuknow – advice from the National Crime Agency
- Internet Matters – advice from a not-for-profit organisation with support from industry partners
- Parent Info– advice from Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command (CEOP) and Parent Zone
- LGfL – advice from London Grid for Learning
You can also find more information on our Safeguarding page