At Springwood Campus we aim to provide our students with the ability to achieve their best using the latest technology available, wherever possible. We have a large variety of interactive technology such as:
- Clevertouch interactive boards – These are the latest widescreen touch whiteboards, strong and durable, with students and staff able to interact using their fingers and special pens where appropriate.
- iPads – We have a range of iPads offered to our students, with apps to support our younger learners right through to our GCSE students.
- Raspberry Pi – We have purchased some Raspberry Pis for our students to explore the fundamentals of a computer system and code right from the start. The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse. It is a capable little device that enables people of all ages to explore computing, and to learn how to program in languages like Scratch and Python. It’s capable of doing everything you’d expect a desktop computer to do, from browsing the internet and playing high-definition video, to making spreadsheets, word-processing, and playing games.
- Laptops – Every class has access to laptops and the opportunity to learn computer skills, from using the basic functions to coding, and everything in-between.
- Photography/Video Recording – We also use the latest compact digital cameras and video recording equipment to allow our pupils the opportunity to experience what ICT has to offer.
Our ICT is managed by Emily Elcock (ICT Leader).