Face Coverings – New Rules from 24th July
July 15, 2020
As you may already be aware, face coverings are compulsory on public transport and will also be compulsory in shops in England from 24th July. However, this does not apply to children under 11.
For children and young people above 11, you may be exempt from wearing a mask if:
- You have a disability that means you cannot put a mask on.
- You have a disability that means you cannot wear or remove a mask.
- Putting on a face mask would cause you severe distress.
- If you use lip reading to communicate, the person supporting you to use public transport does not have to wear a mask.
- You do not have to wear a mask if you are using public transport to escape danger.