I am delighted to welcome you on behalf of the pupils, staff and governors to Linwood School.
Linwood School is a day special school which welcomes pupils from a wide geographical area, supporting a comprehensive range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
We welcome diversity in culture, religion and ability and we value the contribution that every child and young person makes.
Linwood School comprises of a number of campuses:
Years Nursery to Year 14, with a comprehensive range of special educational needs:
- Speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) including pupils with autism and Asperger’s syndrome
- Cognition and learning needs covering a wide range of needs, including moderate learning difficulties (MLD), severe learning difficulties (SLD), where children are likely to need support in all areas of the curriculum and associated difficulties with mobility and communication, through to profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), where children are likely to have severe and complex learning difficulties as well as a physical disability or sensory impairment
- Specific learning difficulties (SpLD) which affect one or more specific aspects of learning. This encompasses a range of conditions such as dyslexia, dyscalculia and dyspraxia
- Social, emotional and mental health needs
- Sensory and/or physical needs
Years 1 to Year 14 who have a diagnosis of autism and associated learning difficulties/Asperger’s Syndrome
Years Nursery and Reception who have a diagnosis of autism and associated learning difficulties
Years 12 -14, who have a diagnosis of autism/Asperger’s syndrome
CHI (Classroom in the Heart of the Industry)
An industry programme based in the Marsham Court Hotel, Tesco (Riverside branch) and Immanuel Centre, Southbourne which provides for students Years 12 -14, predominately for those with more moderate learning needs
At Linwood we are passionate about improving outcomes for our children and young people and work very closely with families and external agencies to facilitate this.
We offer a safe and supportive environment, as well as a personalised, relevant, innovative and motivating curriculum to meet a range of individual learning needs.
We strongly believe that all children and young people should be respected and valued and given opportunities to reach their full potential. All learning is outcome led promoting achievement, resilience, well being, aspiration and meaningful future destinations.
We have a highly motivated, talented and dedicated team of teachers and support staff who have high aspirations for our children and young people and provide a caring and challenging environment ensuring that all children and young people enjoy both personal and academic success. We work in partnership with parents /carers, a range of agencies, schools and community groups collaborating with one another to enable every learner to achieve their potential.
I am extremely proud to be associated with this ‘outstanding’ school and thank you for taking the time to find out about our school.
We hope that you find this website useful and informative and that it provides you with a good insight into our vibrant, happy and successful school.
Executive Headteacher (Linwood Main Provision, Littlewood Campus,
Springwood Campus, Summerwood Campus, CHI)