A parent governor vacancy is available on the Linwood School Governing Board.
The role of the governing board
The school’s governing board, together with the Executive Headteacher, is responsible for providing confident and strategic leadership, and creating robust accountability, oversight and assurance for the school’s educational and financial performance. The board is passionate about special education and committed to continuous school improvement to ensure the best possible outcomes for all our pupils across six campuses.
The role of a parent governor
As a parent governor, you will work with the board to ensure it effectively carries out the duties referred to above. You’ll also play a vital role in ensuring that the board is connected with, and is aware of, the views of parents and the local community. The term of office is for 4 years.
To be a parent governor you should have:
- A strong commitment to the role and to improving outcomes for children and young people
- Good inter-personal skills, curiosity, and a willingness to learn and develop new skills
- The specific skills required to ensure the governing board delivers effective governance
The Governing Board is keen for candidates who have skills and /or experience in one of the following:
- Finance/financial planning
- Business/project management
- Data analysis
For further information, please read the letter & forms below: