At Linwood School we aim to provide our students the opportunity to achieve their best using a variety of the latest technology such as:
- Smart interactive boards – These are the latest large touchscreen whiteboards which create an engaging and interactive learning experience in the classroom.
- Touch sensitive monitors – For pupils who find a standard keyboard and mouse difficult to use, these monitors offer an alternative solution to interact with technology.
- Assistive switches – These switches enable pupils with motor skill difficulties to interact with specialist software and equipment.
- iPads – We are using the latest iPads within the school to further improve the range of equipment to help stimulate and further educate our pupils in various ways. We use a broad range of apps to support the curriculum as well as sensory apps for our learners with complex needs.
- Eye gaze technology – We have four eye gaze devices within the school. Eye gaze technology has proven particularly successful for pupils with impaired motor skills. It provides quicker and easier access and is a lot less restrictive. Some of our pupils use eyegaze on a sensory and exploratory level as well as for grid-based symbol communication systems.
- Interactive floor and wall projectors – These systems create dynamic images on the floor and wall and respond to gesture and movement. They encourage active participation as well as stimulating language and physical/mental development.
- Multi-touch mobile interactive touchscreens – These large touchscreens are height and tilt adjustable and are extremely beneficial for pupils working in their wheelchairs or in a reclined position.
- Photography/Video Recording – We also have the latest compact digital cameras and video recording equipment that pupils have enjoyed using for their dance and drama performances.