At Linwood School we aim to provide our students the opportunity to achieve their best using a variety of the latest technology such as:
- Interactive displays – create an engaging and interactive learning experience in the classroom.
- Touch sensitive monitors – offer an alternative solution for pupils who find a standard keyboard and mouse difficult to use.
- Assistive switches – enable pupils with motor skill difficulties to interact with specialist software and equipment.
- Laptops & iPads – to help stimulate and further educate our pupils in various ways. We use a broad range of apps to support the curriculum as well as sensory apps for our learners with complex needs.
- Eye gaze technology – provides quicker and easier access to technology and is a lot less restrictive. Eye gaze has proven particularly successful for our pupils with impaired motor skills, using it with sensory/ cause & effect software as well grid-based symbol communication systems.
- Interactive floor and wall projectors – create dynamic images on the floor and wall and respond to gesture and movement. They encourage active participation as well as stimulating language and physical/mental development.
- Multi-touch mobile interactive touchscreens – height and tilt adjustable and extremely beneficial for pupils working in their wheelchairs or in a reclined position.
- Photography/Video Recording – We also have a range of compact digital cameras and video recording equipment that pupils have enjoyed using for their dance and drama performances.