At Linwood Campus, an initiative has been embedded recently in order for our student and staff body to ‘have a voice’ in regards to the current and developing Creative Arts provision available.
Our newly-devised Arts Council, at present, involves Senior Phase students from Linwood, as well as representatives from Summerwood. Over time, it is our aim that most classes across phases and Key Stages will share involvement in order to gain a deeper understating of what our Creative provisions may aspire to be.
Meetings are scheduled monthly, and cover a wide range of discussion points to include the following:
- Thoughts about Creative Arts – what is happening already?
- Good things about Creative Arts at our school
- Things we would like to change/ things we would like
- Eco-friendly ways of working
- Links to Health and Wellbeing
- Enterprise opportunities
- Trips or projects
- Any other business/ points of discussion
Feedback from each meeting is shared with staff and Senior Leadership.
Forthcoming creative happenings within Linwood Campus include:
- The installation of bespoke ‘Gallery zones’ – showcasing student artwork
- The Arts Award cohort undertaking a major project in association with Absolute Music/ Youth Music.
Our next Arts Council meeting will be held in January 2020.