Charity Number: 279838
Aims & Objectives of Linwood School Charitable Trust
Linwood Charitable Trust is dedicated to raising money for the School. We are parents, staff and friends of the School who want to further enhance the education and wellbeing of our children and young people, their families and the wider community.
The Charitable Trust Committee meets at least once every term and holds the AGM during the Autumn Term. The Committee
considers the fundraising and donations received and reports on balances of account and agreed purchases made on behalf of the Trust. A copy of the audited accounts are sent to the Charities Commission annually which will also be reported to the Governing Board and are available to view on the school website.
Our aim is to support the school, by providing resources, specialist equipment, developing outside spaces or providing funds for educational events.
New members are welcome throughout the year.
Our current project is to raise a significant amount of money for the repair, maintenance and redesign of the swimming pool.
Trustee members of the Charitable Trust
Gemma Talbot: Executive Headteacher, Linwood School
Verity McAuley: School Business Manager, Linwood School
Julie Clarke: Chair of Linwood School Charitable Trust
Sekai Mujeyi: Friend of Linwood School
Margaret Fewtrell: Friend of Linwood School
Annabelle Underwood: Parent of Linwood School
Donna Hollingworth: Admin Officer, Linwood School and Trust Secretary
Linwood School Mission Statement
We aim to provide a centre of excellence in which individuals are valued and encouraged to give of their best.
A very special choice
Linwood School currently has six campuses:
- Linwood Main Provision provides for Nursery to Year 14 with a comprehensive range of special educational needs.
- Springwood Campus provides for Years 1 to 14 diagnosed with autism spectrum condition and Years 9 to 11 who have a diagnosis of Asperger’s Syndrome.
- Littlewood Campus is an Early Years ASD specific provision for pupils diagnosed with autism and associated learning difficulties.
- Summerwood Campus provides for Years 12 to 14, supporting pupils who have a diagnosis of autism/Asperger’s Syndrome.
- CHI (Classroom in the Heart of the Industry) provides education and employment-based training for students Years 12 to 14, working in partnership with the Marsham Court Hotel, Tesco and Citygate.
- Post 19 Link+ supports young adults with additional learning needs transitioning to adulthood for up to 5 students aged 19 to 25.
- Woodford Campus provides for pupils aged 7 to 11 with a comprehensive range of special educational needs, based at Twynham Primary School.
At Linwood we believe that parents are the primary educators of their children. We strive to build and maintain
an atmosphere of mutual respect and dialogue in which the needs of the children are paramount. Our aims for all our
- For all individuals to aspire to achieving their full potential and be the very best they can.
- To adopt a child/young person centred approach to learning and development.
- To provide a safe, secure, friendly, welcoming and supportive environment.
- To encourage all individuals to make the right choices.
- To promote a caring and happy community in which all pupils can thrive and feel valued and to meet our pupils’
academic, physical, emotional and social needs.
- Through a motivating, accessible curriculum make learning a pleasurable experience and oﬀering an
opportunity for all pupils to develop as high a standard of achievement as individually possible and to equip
them with the basic skills.
- To promote a fully inclusive, total communication environment.
- To assist pupils to develop a level of maturity, independence, individuality, self-confidence and
- To assist pupils to leave school prepared for further education/training, employment, leisure and lifelong learning.
- To assist pupils to lead as independent life as possible, to integrate socially and develop young people as good
- To foster a positive school/home partnership.
BH Coastal Lottery
Linwood School Charitable Trust has now launched a lottery page in the BH Coastal Lottery and we would appreciate your support.
This is not only an opportunity for you to win money but it will help us raise money towards the refurbishment of our hydrotherapy pool based at Linwood Campus.
Tickets are £1 a week and 50p of that will go to Linwood School.
Each ticket has a 1 in 50 chance to win with a top prize of £25,000.
You can also treat a loved one with a gift voucher.